From May 2018 GP Practices are working to the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules. Although the main principles of GDPR remain the same as those in the previous Data Protection Act, there are new elements and more enhancements. This means that some things will need to be undertaken for the first time but there will be additional enhancements, that will mean some existing activities will need to be done differently.
Here at Howbeck Healthcare we have an accredited GDPR Specialist who can support your practice in understanding the new requirements. As an accredited GDPR Specialist, we can undertake the role of your Data Protection Officer and provide the following support:
- An Annual GP staff training session
- To work with practices on GDPR compliance and planning
- Production for all practices of policies, processes, procedures and patient information to comply with GDPR, the Data Protection Act 2018 and the new toolkit requirements
- Completion and submission of new toolkit* (additional cost)
- Development of a knowledge base for Practices
- Practice updates
- Management and Reporting of all Information Governance (IG) SIRI’s and ICO communication
Provision of services to GP Practices:
Advice and Guidance services offered through our secure members-only portal are listed below:
- Data Protection, Human Right and Freedom of Information legislation
- NHS Information Governance standards and compliance advice and guidance
- Access to records
- Parental responsibility
- Confidentiality concerns
- Information Security
- Records Management
- Electronic Patient Records
- Staff Access and disputes
- IG policies and Procedures
- Serious Incident/Incident management and advice
The cost to practices is £300 + VAT per annum per practice.
For further information please contact us.