Elemental - The Social Prescribing People
Elemental Co Founders, Leeann Monk and Jennifer Neff had been designing and delivering community health and self care programmes with people in some of the most socially deprived parts of Northern Ireland for 15 years. Whilst it was often difficult to engage those ‘most at risk’, it was also problematic and time consuming to report impacts to commissioners.
As a result, Jennifer and Leeann’s interest in reaching more people and connecting them into community based programmes and services such as walking groups, healthy cooking courses and mindfulness sessions, led them to create a platform that gives health and social care providers ease, peace of mind and quality assurance in making, receiving and reviewing community referrals.
Our platform simplifies and streamlines the process of referring, enrolling and supporting individuals in local lifestyle interventions by enabling GPs in primary care and other stakeholders to refer to non medical support in the community. Primary care providers are able to create and monitor an individual’s Social Prescribing activity, as well as measure the impact of referrals to community based interventions outside the GP practice.
With The Elemental Platform you can:
- Facilitate more people accessing & engaging in Self Care Programmes in your area.
- Reduce the amount of time between referral & first engagement.
- Connect different stakeholders in your area (VCSE, Health/Social Care & communities) providing more choice for what matters to the individual.
- Provide performance related metrics & analysis around referral activity across teams, locations & types of healthcare establishments.
- Minimise the risk of people ‘opting out’ of programmes
- Develop the capacity of your workforce across multiple sites
- Reduce administrative tasks & free up more time to support individuals
- Measure the progress & impact of programmes
We can’t all be expected to know everything that’s happening in someone’s local community. Whether you are a resident, GP, social worker, commissioner, social prescriber or community provider we don’t always have the time to source information & make connections that positively impact on someone’s life. We could do this alone, but it wouldn’t be as effective. By connecting resources, people, programmes, partners & strategies we can support those in need so that no-one is left behind.
Our platform is flexible and can work around the requirements of your Social Prescribing Project. Please feel free to contact us for further info.